Peak Gathering of the Impact Ecosystem
Thursday, 13th September 2018 at 7:15 am
Since 2015, a few hundred impact enthusiasts have been convening at the Impact Investment Summit Asia Pacific every year in Sydney.
The fourth summit, the peak gathering of the impact ecosystem in the region, convenes around the themes of Wisdom, Courage, Action at the InterContinental Sydney from 7 to 9 November.
Bringing together over 20 international luminaries, 40 Australian–based speakers/panelists and more than 300 summiteers representing private investment, institutional investment, family offices, foundations, intermediaries, government and the social enterprise sector, the summit is a three-day feast on undiluted impact investment content and community.
The experience is laden with a sense of mutual purpose, camaraderie, and a shared vision to shift more capital for good.
A number of sponsors and partners are behind the event, including the Optus Singtel Group, NAB, Small Giants, Impact Investment Group, EY, Investing in Women, and a number of supporting organisations.
With an esteemed advisory group the summit team have designed and curated another outstanding program for the 2018 summit experience. You can expect your assumptions to be challenged, your soul to come alive, your technical questions to be answered, your courage to grow, and your imagination to enliven into action.
Topics and themes this year include:
- A Call for Your Leadership – investing in the internal conversation with David Whyte.
- Impact Investing 101 – capital as a force for good and the funding continuum.
- Shifting Structural and Power Inequalities – is impact investing a real change or an adaptation of the status quo?
- From the Heart – Personal Impact Journeys: A Fireside Chat with Lindley Edwards (AFG Venture Group), Andrew Tyndale (Inspire Impact) and Kerry Series (8IP).
- Family Offices and The Impact Journey – global case study and panel discussion led by PWN’s Richard Milroy.
- World Cafe Working Sessions – designed to bring cross-sectoral representation together to tackle issues of scale, blended finance, market building challenges, barriers to growth and co-design solutions. These sessions are highly facilitated with the objective to co-create a set of actions from the session. Experienced and advanced practitioners are invited, as well as those representing the field with deep experience. Themes include: South East Asia; place-based investment/Indigenous market; and disability.
- Mini Symposium on Impact Investing Tackling Climate and Carbon – bringing together leading voices from around the globe and local practitioners/experts.
- Global Market Building Perspectives with Abhilash Mudaliar (GIIN), Rosemary Addis (National Advisory Board on Impact Investing), Piet Klop (PGGM).
- Innovation Frontiers – exploring impact at the edge of technology and innovation with Jason Saul (Impact Genome Project) and Nan Collins(UNSIF).
- Australia’s first live blended finance crowdfunding event, Leverage – a collaboration between the summit, Social Impact Hub, The Funding Network, StartSomeGood and Red Hat Impact that will see three investment-ready enterprises pitch to a panel of “sharks” and the crowd for both investment finance and philanthropic funding.
- After the Exit – what’s next after the close of successful SIBs, and what is the private sector’s ongoing role? Social Ventures Australia, OSII and The Benevolent Society’s Matt Gardiner discuss the issues, challenges and opportunities.
- Impact Measurement Frontiers: Mission Measurement and Social Returns Accounting – Jason Saul (Mission Measurement) will deliver a keynote address followed by an address by Professor Richard Holden (UNSW School of Economics) exploring impact measurement.
Early Bird registrations are now open and close on 28 September.
Be sure to check back in to our website in the coming two weeks for the full program.