Not for Profit Leaders Report – Strategic Planning 2022
10 May 2022 at 7:00 am
HLB Mann Judd has launched its 2022 Not for Profit Leaders Report on Strategic Planning.
More than 100 leaders, including C-suite and board members of charities and membership organisations, have been surveyed on their organisation’s outlook on strategic planning.
Two years of disruption have changed the way in which organisations develop and manage strategic plans. Organisations and leaders no longer have the luxury to develop plans that may not come to fruition for three to five years.
One of the report authors, Simon James, advisory partner and not for profit specialist, said: “With the COVID-19 government support ending, astute financial management is critical for not for profits to meet their objectives, remain solvent and continue to support the community.”
There were a number of key findings from the report:
- The everchanging and economic environments are the biggest barriers to organisations achieving their strategic goals.
- Recruitment and retention of skilled, experienced staff continues to be a challenge with 76 per cent of organisations having a turnover rate of higher than 11 per cent over the past two years.
- COVID fatigue is the largest challenge for human resources.
- More than 20 per cent of participants said that loss of reputation was the biggest risk to their organisation.
- Two-thirds of organisations were looking at new partnerships in 2022 or 2023.
Access the report here
HLB Mann Judd partners and staff are deeply committed to Australia’s growing NFP sector. In 2010, HLB Mann Judd, in collaboration with the Commonwealth Bank, founded the ENFP (Exclusive Not for Profit) Community which provides significant benefits to the sector.
The ENFP Community provides:
- educational boardroom briefings for NFPs (a brochure showing past topics and speakers is available);
- an exclusive LinkedIn group with over 1,000 key decision makers in the NFP sector; and
- opportunities to collaborate and to share thoughts, ideas and solutions with other NFPs.
To join the ENFP Community please contact Kim Kelloway, head of clients and markets, at email@example.com or 02 9020 4285.