New Gold Book On Arts Partnerships
Monday, 24th November 2003 at 12:11 pm
A new Australia Business Arts Foundation (AbaF) publication, The Gold Book of Business Arts Partnerships 2003, is full of case studies of partnerships that are helping individual Australians and building stronger Australian communities.
AbaF Executive Director Winsome McCaughey says these stories show how business support for the arts is contributing to the health, wellbeing and stability of society as well as economic development.
Ms McCaughey says the arts could alleviate social problems such as drug abuse, homelessness and trauma.
Three examples of how the arts can help meet social needs:
– Western Australia’s Youth on Health Festival, supported by Alcoa, which uses drama to address youth health issues including HIV and suicide;
– BHP Billiton’s partnership with the Australian Festival of Chamber Music, which takes fine music to new audiences in remote communities across Queensland;
– Telstra’s support of the National Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Art Award, which is fostering a new generation of Indigenous artists.
The Gold Book features all the Winners and Finalists of the 2003 AbaF Awards, including:
– Sun Microsystems and Musica Viva, Winners of the Business Arts Partnership of the Year
– Janet Holmes a Court, the Richard Pratt Business Leader of the Year
– John Bell, the Dame Elisabeth Murdoch Cultural Leader of the Year.
All Australian states and territories and a diversity of industry sectors and art forms are represented.
Sponsored by Australia Post, the 80-page colour book showcases 27 partnerships, ranging from the long-established-such as the Perth International Arts Festival and the University of Western Australia, which has lasted 50 years-to the very new, such as Circus Oz and The Empower Group, established only in 2003, which won the Scotchmans Hill Encouragement Award at the 2003 AbaF Awards.
AbaF has provided Pro Bono Australia with a number of copies of the Gold Book. If you would like a copy be one of the first to e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org