Stronger Families Funding Round
26 April 2004 at 1:04 pm
Applications are open for the first round of projects funded under the Federal Government’s $60 million Stronger Families and Communities Strategy Local Answers initiative.
The Local Answers initiative supports community organisations by funding local, small-scale projects that help communities to build skills and capacity to create opportunities and take action for the benefit of their members.
Projects should be those that:
– build effective parenting and relationship skills;
– build opportunities and skills for economic self-reliance in families and communities;
– build partnerships between local services strengthening support to families and communities, so they deliver better services and meet unmet needs;
– assist young parents in particular to further their education or access to training and other services where they are seeking to make the transition to employment; and
– assist members of the community to get involved in community life through local volunteering or mentoring of young people or training to build community leadership and initiative.
The deadline is 14 May 2004. For more information go to the government web site at http://www.facs.gov.au/internet/facsinternet.nsf/News/sfcs_local_answers_funding.htm