New Tax Measures - Free Seminars
Monday, 19th July 2004 at 1:07 pm
New tax laws have been introduced from July 1st which apply to charities and the Australian Tax Office is presenting free seminars across the country to spell out the details.
These laws extend the current endorsement arrangements which provide charities with access to charity tax concessions and introduce a statutory extension to the common law meaning of charity for the purposes of all Commonwealth laws.
Charities currently endorsed with the ATO as income tax exempt charities (ITECs) will receive an information pack advising of the changes and how the Tax Office will assist these charities with the new measures.
In addition from 19 July 2004 – 8 September 2004, free seminars around the country to tell charities of the new law changes.
The Seminars will provide
– An outline of the new endorsement measures for charities.
– How the new measures will affect your charity.
– How your organisation will access charity tax concessions under the new measures.
– The difference between endorsement and registration.
– What happens if your charity is not endorsed under the new measures.
– What information about your organisation will be disclosed on the Australian Business Register.
– the common law meaning of charity to allow:
-non-profit child care available to the public
-open and non-discriminatory self-help groups that are for charitable purposes only, and
-closed or contemplative religious orders that offer prayerful intervention for the public to be treated as charities for the purposes of all
From 1 July 2005: charities will need to be endorsed by the Tax Office to access income tax, GST and fringe benefits tax (FBT) charity tax concessions. Currently, charities only need to be endorsed to access income tax concessions, and the Australian Business Register at www.abr.business.gov.au will publicly display a charity’s endorsements for income tax, GST and FBT concessions.
To register for the Seminars phone 1300 130 248
If you would like an electronic fax-back registration form along with the state by state seminar times and locations just send us an email with Tax Seminars in the subject line to email@example.com.