Tax Basics for NFPs - New Version
Monday, 2nd July 2007 at 1:01 pm
The Australian Tax Office has updated its guide on Tax Basics for Non-Profit Organisations which explains taxes and concessions that affect Not for Profit organisations.
The document is directed at a treasurer, office bearer or employee involved in the administration of a NFP organisation.
The new version replaces Tax basics for non-profit organisations issued in June 2005.
The publication has been updated to include:
– a new table summarising the tax concessions and types of Not for Profit organisations that can access them
– an expanded discussion on the types of NFP organisations
– the endorsement requirements that apply to income tax exempt funds
– a discussion on goods and services tax (GST) treatment for charitable retirement villages, grants and sponsorships
– a new table outlining the types of organisations that are eligible for fringe benefits tax (FBT) exemption and the applicable capping thresholds and endorsement requirements, and the reduction in the ABN required withholding rate.
Download a PDF version using the link below, or order a paper copy by phoning 1300 720 092 and quoting NAT number 7966 (a unique national ATO identifying number)