Not for Profit Better Boards Conference - Win Free Tickets
24 April 2012 at 12:17 pm
Australasia’s largest and longest running governance and leadership conference, the 6th Australasian Better Boards Conference will be held at the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre (MCEC) over three days at the end of July 2012.
As a conference Media Partner, Pro Bono Australia is offering our readers a chance to win free tickets to the event.
On offer is:
One* ticket to CEO's Day (Friday 27 July).(*all attendees to CEO's Day should be a CEO or equivalent.)
One ticket to the Main Conference (Saturday 28 & Sunday 29 July)
Two tickets to the Gala Dinner and Entertainment (Saturday 27 July)
Simply visit the Pro Bono Australia Facebook page, 'like' the page and also comment on the story that’s published about the conference with your NFP organisation’s name.
This leading governance and leadership conference offers an excellent development opportunity for board members, chief executive officers and senior managers of Australian and New Zealand non-profit organisations.
Attend the Better Boards Conference to:
- Enhance your understanding of the NFP reforms
- Distill the organisational impacts & implications of the NFP reforms
- Uncover unique strategic insights & perspectives into NFPs toward 2020
- Strengthen your understanding & practical application of governance
- Build your board’s & CEO’s leadership knowledge
Powerful strategic insights, reflective research and observations, and practical governance solutions delivered through keynote addresses, interactive panels and workshops will provide a well rounded arena to explore issues and discuss solutions in greater depth.
Some of the highlights will be:
- Governance presentations, case studies and panel discussions
- Leadership presentations and discussions
- Practical governance and leadership solutions and tools
- The Gala Dinner and entertainment
- A day of presentations and discussions specifically for CEOs on Friday 27th July
- Tim Costello AO, CEO, World Vision Australia
- Robert Fitzgerald AM, Chair, ACNC Advisory Board
- Linda Lavarch, Chair, NFP Sector Reform Council
- Yvonne Harrison, Professor of Public Management, Rockefeller College of Public Affairs and Policy (USA)
- Gavin Nicholson, Associate Professor, QUT Business School
- Claire Braund, Executive Director, Women on Boards
- Gerard Menses, Chair, National Roundtable of Non-Profit Organisations
- Murray Baird, Principal, Moores Legal
- Sabine Phillips, Principal, Russell Kennedy Pty Ltd
- Valerie Lyons, CEO, Villa Maria
- Sallie Saunders, Director, Building Better Boards
- Michael Goldsworthy, Principal Consultant, Australian Strategic Services
An online program can be viewed here.
Who should attend:
- Board Members, Directors, Secretaries, Treasurers, Chairs
- Chief Executive Officers, Executive Officers
- Senior Managers, Governance/Strategy Officers
- NFP Governance and Management Consultants
- Government Managers and Officers working with non-profit organisations
- Academics and Researchers in non-profit governance
The large gathering of leaders, representing the many diverse industries and sectors of the Not for Profit world, makes the Better Boards Conference an extremely valuable opportunity to make connections, share ideas and gather information with other board members, chief executive officers and senior managers.
It is well worth making this conference your board’s main development activity for 2012.
Like this story? Want more? Subscribe to our Online News Service – it’s FREE!