Relocation Assistance for Jobseekers
Monday, 22nd July 2013 at 11:46 am
Financial and practical support for jobseekers who relocate for ongoing work or an apprenticeship outside their local area has been made available under a new Government Program starting this month.
The Move to Work program can provide support for travel expenses and removal costs, storage costs and temporary accommodation.
The program is designed for people who are having difficulty finding a job in their local area or have found a suitable job outside their local area, but are concerned about the cost of moving.
People eligible for the program may include people who:
- are registered with a Job Services Australia or Disability Employment Services provider
- have participation or activity test requirements
- have formally accepted an ongoing job or apprenticeship that requires you to relocate at least 90 minutes away using normal travel routes or
- have been recently retrenched and have a letter of redundancy.
Local Job Services Australia or Disability Employment Services providers can help jobseekers to:
- find and get a job
- prepare for the move
- relocate to start the new job or apprenticeship
- settle in your new location or community.
- Move 2 Work funding could entitle applicants to be reimbursed up to:
- $6500 (pre-GST) to relocate with dependants or
- $4500 (pre-GST) to relocate with no dependants.
For more information visit Move to Work.