Australia Post 2014 Community Grants Open
6 March 2014 at 9:43 am
Australia Post is calling on community groups and charitable organisations to apply for its Our Neighbourhood Community Grants to fund local community projects.
Now in its second year, the Our Neighbourhood Community Grants program offers one-off cash payments of up to $10,000.
Australia Post Chief Executive Officer Ahmed Fahour said Our Neighbourhood Community Grants provide the opportunity for community organisations to drive positive change in their own backyards.
“Community service is part of Australia Post’s DNA. Providing funding to community groups for local projects that bring people together, where everyone feels included, involved and connected, is a natural extension of that community service,” Fahour said.
“Last year we received more than 4,600 applications for grants which tells us there is not only great work being done in communities around the country but that the Our Neighbourhood Community Grants program can help to build capability and connect people in their neighbourhoods.
“Our Neighbourhood Community Grants will be funded by the newly established Our Neighbourhood Trust, Australia Post’s public charitable fund, as well as funding directly from Australia Post.”
Australia Post says more than 200 grants were distributed in 2013 to Not for Profits and community organisations.
Grants will be awarded based on the following key focus areas:
- projects that connect and/or educate regional and remote communities digitally;
- projects that support the start-up of small businesses in regional and remote communities through technology;
- projects that support social enterprises to increase employment opportunities for marginalised Australians;
- projects that foster community spirit through connecting and supporting marginalised Australians;
- projects that support communities to be better prepared for a disaster.
Our Neighbourhood Community Grants close on Friday, April 4 at 5pm.
To apply for an Our Neighbourhood Community Grant or to find out more about eligibility criteria, visit ourneighbourhood.com.au.