New Volunteering Awards Open
Tuesday, 12th May 2015 at 11:10 am
Nominations have opened for Victoria’s first ever State Volunteering Awards which acknowledge all facets of volunteering.
According to Volunteering Victoria CEO, Sue Noble, the awards will showcase the commitment and impact of Victoria’s volunteer programs, volunteer managers and volunteer involving organisations.
“Most Awards in volunteering quite rightly focus on the volunteers who work tirelessly for their causes or communities, but we have taken a slightly different approach with these new Awards and are pleased to call for nominations of all the brilliant volunteer managers and volunteer programs that make those volunteering opportunities possible,” Noble said.
“We plan to grow these awards into our State’s shining showcase of volunteer management excellence, innovation, energy and best practice.”
The Awards will be announced at Victoria’s Parliament House on International Volunteer Managers Day, 5 November 2015.
The nomination process is open to the public and includes the following categories:
1. Innovation: For an innovative, unique volunteering program/model that engages volunteers and makes a significant contribution to the work of the volunteer involving organisation, improving their ability to respond to social challenges.
2. Excellence: For a volunteer management team or individual demonstrating best practice in the management of volunteers and the delivery of programs by those volunteers.
3. Inclusion: For a volunteer program that encourages/achieves the inclusion of individuals or groups who are often excluded from the mainstream or traditional volunteering
4. Impact: A program or VIO that has made a positive, measurable and sustainable social, environmental and/or economic impact to community/individuals who are supported by the program.
5. Thought leadership: For significant advancement in knowledge and research in volunteering.
6. Corporate Award: For a company that has had a significant impact on a volunteer involving organisation through its employee volunteering program.
Award criteria, nomination forms and key dates are available here.
This National Volunteer Week, take a look at Pro Bono Australia's Skill Volunteer service here.